After working in offline mode, you must need to synchronize your Outlook profile with Exchange Server in order to update the work done in offline mode in Exchange database file. However, sometimes it happens that you get an error message while trying to synchronize with Exchange Server leading into OST to PST conversion. At that time, you need to execute OST integrity check tool, which is also called scanost.exe to know whether the OST file is corruption free or not. Before, you start using this tool; you have to make sure about the following facts:
- You need to establish a connection with Exchange Server to let the tool examine the file.
- If Outlook has been set to start in offline mode, then the tool will not be able to make connection with Exchange Server. Therefore, make it sure that your Outlook is set to start with work in online mode feature.
To make it sure that Outlook meets the above-mentioned facts, execute the following steps to make require changes in Outlook settings:
- Exit MS Outlook if it is running.
- Start Windows Search
and type scanost.exe in the search field. You see scanost.exe listed
in the search items within few moments.
- Connect to the
Outlook profile using which you work in offline mode.
- Select the Repair Errors check box and start the scanning process.
- If any sort of error will be found then the software will resolve it.
Information about the process done while executing the scanost.exe, is recorded in the Deleted Items folder in MS Outlook. In that folder, you see a message named OST integrity check that will help you know whether the OST has been repaired successfully or not. If the OST has not been repaired and synchronization issue is still existing then you have to perform OST to PST conversion using any third party data recovery software.
Kernel for OST to PST helps converting OST to PST with complete accuracy. The OST file converted into PST using Kernel for OST can be easily opened with MS Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000, which means the software supports all versions of MS Outlook. Moreover, the OST created using any version of MS Outlook and MS Exchange Server can be easily converted into PST file without any limitation of file size.Please visit here - http://www.osttopsttool.com/